ChoirJam Privacy and Data Protection Policy
At ChoirJam, we take great care to safeguard personal data provided by our members and to process this data fairly and lawfully in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and the new General Data Protection Regulations 2018 (GDPR)
When providing details about yourself you can be confident that:
- Any information you provide to us is confidential and secure
- We will always endeavour to keep accurate and up to date information on you
- We will not share or sell your details to other organisations, for example, for marketing or fundraising purposes.
- You have the right to request access to the data we hold on you, and the right to request we delete that data.
We may share your details with third parties where necessary in order to operate your ChoirJam membership, for example, we use Mailchimp to send out group emails to the choir and we use Knack software to operate our membership database.
When will I need to provide my details?
- Your name and email address are stored on our website www.choirjam.co.uk
- Your details (name, email address, ChoirJam group & part, joining date, fees record etc) are stored on our secure membership database, hosted by Knack.
- If you wish to sign up to receive our information emails that go out to all ChoirJam members, you will need to opt-in by completing the sign-up form in the Members’ Only area of our website with your name and email address. This information is retained by Mailchimp, whose software we use to send group emails to the choir. We adhere to an opt-in system for our emails, so we will only ever send emails to those who have requested them. You can remove yourself from the mailing list anytime via the link to unsubscribe at the bottom of every email or by emailing email@example.com and requesting that your email address is removed from the list. If you wish, you can also request all data we hold on you is deleted.
You have the right to request a copy of all data we hold on you, as well as the ‘right to be forgotten’ (request that all data we hold on you is deleted or anonymised). If you would like to exercise your right to request your data, or to be forgotten, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07793 983040 to let us know and we will implement your request within the required 30 days.
Why do you need my details?
- Your name and email address are stored on our website www.choirjam.co.uk in order to provide you with a log in for the Members’ Only pages on the ChoirJam website, for example so you can access the music and lyrics files in order to practise your singing part at home.
- Your details (name, email address, ChoirJam group & part, joining date, fees record etc) are stored on our secure membership database, hosted by Knack, in order to operate your ChoirJam membership, for example so we can monitor how many members are in each ChoirJam group, or to remind you to pay your fees.
- If you sign up to our group emails to ChoirJam members via Mailchimp, we need your name and email address to keep you informed of news, activities and events that may be of interest to you and opportunities to get involved with. We will only do this if you issue consent for us to send you our news via email. We do not add people to our mailing list unless they have explicitly given us permission to do so, either electronically, on paper, or verbally.
In accordance with the new GDPR regulations, we are obliged to retain documented evidence of individuals opting in to receive communications from us, either electronically, on paper or face to face. This data is filed in our member database and cloud storage system and/or paper filing system, depending on the way the individual opted in.
External web content
Sometimes we embed content from external sources on our website. The most common kind of content embedded on the site are videos from YouTube and our Twitter feed. These services may collect statistics and information on your use of the embedded content, so please check their specific privacy policies.
Third-party Privacy Policies