Who is ChoirJam for?
ChoirJam is for men and women over 18 who love singing and would like to make new friends. There is no upper age limit; we have 80somethings who sing (and dance) with the best of ’em.
You don’t have to be Paloma Faith or Bruno Mars to be in ChoirJam! (You don’t have to know who they are, either.) It doesn’t matter if you’ve never sung before; if you like singing along to the radio and embarrassing your children/grandchildren, come along!
We’re a no-audition choir (so no need to worry about that) and you don’t have to know how to read music. 99% of the people in the choir had never sung before they joined, and certainly never thought they would be performing on stage!
You’ll soon find yourself making new friends and having fun. No matter how stressful your day may have been, by the end of your ChoirJam session you’ll find you’ve got a smile on your face!
How much is it?
ChoirJam membership costs £9 per week, payable half-termly (usually 5-7 sessions) in advance. Joining part way through a term? No problem, you just pay for the remaining weeks in the term.
The choir that’s a club
ChoirJam is as much about the social side as it is about singing. Membership benefits include:
- Weekly rehearsal session, with the option to come on another day if you can’t make your usual day (subject to availability)
- Access to the ChoirJam website featuring recorded parts to sing along with at home (or wherever you happen to be!) Listen online or download to your smartphone, tablet, laptop or computer
- Opportunity to participate in the choir’s public performances (optional) eg Keynsham ChoirFest, Keynsham Bandstand, Bristol’s Festival of Song, joint concerts with other choirs, carol singing and fundraising events for charity. More advanced singers can audition to sing lead with the choir.
- Eligibility to attend ChoirJam socials such as our pub nights, lunches, Summer Party, Anniversary Party, plus other occasional events
- Eligibility to participate in ChoirJam singing workshops (day and weekend – extra fee payable)
When and Where
Monday ChoirJam: 7.30 – 9 pm at Somerdale Pavilion, Keynsham click here for details
Tuesday ChoirJam: 7.30 – 9 pm at Fear Hall, Keynsham click here for details
Wednesday ChoirJam: 11 am – 12.30 pm at Fear Hall, Keynsham click here for details
So, why not take the plunge and do something you’ve always wanted to do! Come for a free taster session and meet a bunch of people who love singing as much as you do!